Local Ordinance Regulating: Docks, Moorings,
Boathouses and Marinas on Ballston Lake
Effective: June 1, 2007
Summary of dock regulations for Ballston Lake:
1. Docks may not exceed 350 sq feet of surface area.
2. Docks cannot extend more than 35 feet into the water from the mean high water level of the lake which is 251 ft above sea level.
3. New dock construction requires a building permit from the Town of Ballston.
4. Mooring balls shall not be placed so that any part of the boat on the ball is more than 50 feet from shore. Only 1 mooring is allowed per waterfront property.
5. Only boats registered to the property owner can be berthed at a dock. No dock rentals.
6. Boathouses must be less than 18 ft high and cannot contain sleeping or sanitary facilities.