- Herbicide product development has progressed to be useful for spot applications by a certified
- Herbicides can target specific invasive plants: ie kill milfoil and leave natural plants untouched.
- Looking at Ballston Lake we could develop a plan to attack the worse weed beds that impair lake use
and not have to deal with weed beds near wetlands.
- I made contacts with DEC, applicators and others to proceed with a weed management plan. I will
discuss this with you all if it looks promising.
- I am in the process of looking at a DEC Grant to proceed with this idea.
- To move forward BLIA MUST know ALL the people who use lake water directly for drinking. We
conducted a survey on this and got limited response.
- At present Alum use to decrease phosphorus levels in the lake is not permitted in New York.